Breaking News

At seperate locations, Troops ‘blow off’ 6 terrorists in Borno on election eve

At seperate locations, Troops ‘blow off’ 6 terrorists in Borno on election eve


Buratai dishing out instructions to troops


Troops fighting Boko haram terrorists in the North-east have neutralised six of them during a fierce battle in two locations in Borno state.

At Ngwom community, troops of 122 Task Force Battalion, deployed in the Forward Operation Base in the area, neutralised five terrorists; while troops deployed at Gulak, killed one terrorist during a similar encounter in Kubu Village, Shani local government, Bono state.

The two incidents happened on Wednesday, according to a statement issued on Saturday by Army spokesperson, Col. Sagir Musa.

The terrorists who attacked Ngwom community were in four gun trucks and engaged the troops at about 10:30pm, while the incident in Kubu village happened after a distress call about the terrorists attack by the villagers at about 11pm.

Similar news  El-rufai boasts: Another job waiting for me if I lose
The terrorists had earlier attempted to attack the troops’ location in Ngwom but were repelled  by the troops due to their “strong aggressive resistance.”

After the recent encounter in Ngwom, the troops recovered two gun trucks with Anti -air craft gun and two Rocket Propelled Grenade Tub Musa Umar Bologie, while troops recovered one AK 47 rifle after the incident at Kubu village from the terrorists.

“No lost of life or casualty on the part of the Nigerian Army,” the army spokesperson said.

He said the Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division Nigerian Army who is also the Commander Sector 1, Operation Lafiya Dole, Brig. Gen. Bulama Biu had since conveyed the Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai’s commendation and continued support in the war against terrorism and insurgency.

Similar news  Assembly poll: Obiano promises to pay new minimum wage, declares public holiday
“He urged them to maintain the momentum at all times,” Musa said.

No comments